Simple query

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Dec 8 22:26:06 UTC 2001

This is a fine place to ask questions, Alain.

On Saturday 08 December 2001 01:23 pm, malicorne wrote:

>   The very first example in the book creates a simple class with some
> simple methods.  The problem I have is that Squeak won't accept the simple
> following code, the "Nothing more expected" being the Squeak error message
> after Accept in the Browser :
>
> greeting
> "Return a predefined greeting"
>  Nothing more expected -> ^'HALLO !'

>   Anyone know what I'm talking about ?  What is to be done ?

Assuming that you've selected the class name, and a category name (even "as
yet undefined" or "no messages"), in the browser, you should see text like
the following in the text pane:

message selector and argument names
	"comment stating purpose of message"

	| temporary variable names |
	statements

if you then replace that with your code and accept it, it should be OK.

The browser is somewhat modal and it matters what you have selected in the
other panes.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA