[ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V2.6 (version 2.6 released)

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 16:13:39 UTC 2001

Thanks Dave

I got OSProcess V2.6 filed in OK, but realised I needed to recompile the
Plugin to take advantage of it. I get a make error:

../src/UnixOSProcessPlugin/UnixOSProcessPlugin.c: In function
`getThisSessionIde
ntifier':
../src/UnixOSProcessPlugin/UnixOSProcessPlugin.c:320: parse error before
`extern
'
//(this is the section)

/*	Note: This is hardcoded so it can be run from Squeak.
	The module name is used for validating a module *after*
	it is loaded to check if it does really contain the module
	we're thinking it contains. This is important! */

EXPORT(const char*) getModuleName(void) {
	return moduleName;
}

static int getThisSessionIdentifier(void) {
	return (extern int) thisSession;
}

static int halt(void) {
	;
}

It could simply be an issue of gcc version: gcc -v gcc version
egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)

and I am building it against Lex's 3.0 sources (I get a stack of errors
where make on the 3.1 version expects all kinds of Sun headers, and
getting rid of those, I run into gnuify errors....;-): if you think
building against the later source would help, I'll give it a go.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211