Numbers in Smalltalk

James Stark james_stark03 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:56:54 UTC 2001

Hi!

I have a number in a variable number called:

(anumber)

I want to output this to a file... but smalltalk comes up with something
about "ERROR: anString) when I put nextPutAll.  It does it with strings ok,
but with numbers it will not output to a file, any suggestions? is a number
a byte?

I actually convert from String to Numbers using "anNumber" method.... how do
you convert the number back to being a string?  since when I convert floats
to numbers they are fraction... I want to get them back again... how do I do
that?

Any suggestions would be welcome since I am finding it hard to program in
Smalltalk since it seems to take the pinciple of oo to the extreme!

Thanks very much.

James