New VM in progress

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Dec 9 21:56:20 UTC 2001

Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> is widely believed to have written:

> > Sounds like it ought to be easy to merge with the changes I did for the
> > conversion of methods to regular object from the current mixed byte/oop
> > monsters there are now.
>
> this sound great, too! Any timeline?
Well, the first working version was released I think three years ago?
It's been on the list of official projects for probably two years, but
requires the willingness to make a break in the image format to become
the release version. Maybe when considered with al the other changes
that seem to be piling up it will at last be practical?

tim
Abstraction is achieved by data hiding and enforced by encapsulation.