Workspace transformation

Gary McGovern garywork at lineone.net
Tue Dec 11 20:53:49 UTC 2001

From: "Ned Konz" <ned at bike-nomad.com>

> OK, so how did you get a wall in there? I deleted the demo 3D project, but
> can make a new Wonderland. However, it just has ground, a camera, and a
light.

> How do I add walls?

Ned, I've never used walls just a makeshift wall.

w := Wonderland new.
w makePlaneNamed: 'wall'

code courtesy of Mark Guzdial's book. Haven't got up to making a more
realistic wall.

From: "Ned Konz" <ned at bike-nomad.com>

> Hmm... I made a Pooh object freehand and was able to embed a Workspace in
it.
> However, I couldn't edit it.

What do you mean edit it ? I've tried it out on a quick sketch and I had
difficulty getting the embed option until I used the green duplicate button
and then got the embed option no problem. Both the pluggableText and
SystemWindow embedded ok and  3 + 4 print worked fine. I made both white and
the borders white and got what I originally wanted at the beginnning of the
thread. (after going the long way round :o)).