What kind of MPEG files are acceptable?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 05:44:50 UTC 2001

John M McIntosh wrote:

> The issue with file extension has been fixed and a shinny new mpeg
> plugin 1.2 was posted for the mac. Look here  (
> http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/mpeg3source.html ) for
> pointers to the source and the plugin

Wow, you Mac folk move so fast! I thought you were only thinking about
this!

> Mmm I'm not sure if V1.1 ever got compiled for windows & linux? That
> had significance performance improvements because of source code
> changes.

Dunno about Windows, but I'm pretty sure it never got into the *nix
stream.

> If you have videos that won't play or hang up well we do have all the
> source code available so it *might* be fixable.

I've just snagged the source and I'll have a go at the weekend ('till
then I'm involved in a death struggle translating Leandro Caniglia's
Traffic Light tutorial -- es una idioma muy dificil -- but may take a
break as soon as I've all the mvc stuff done and the gifs re-made).

Thanks John

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211