Squeak Amp won't load on 3.2a #4599

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 07:23:51 UTC 2001

Hi All (this to the Squeak list as mail to Bob seems to be bouncing)

I came across Squeak Amp while looking at what John Mac had done to the
Mpeg plugin. Just what I needed!

Problem is, I can't get it to load.

I unzip everything, run the install.st, sort out the directory issues
and run it again. SqueakAmpModel loads fine. But SqueakAmpGUI stops
progress window, before install.st has "really" kicked in) and locks
Squeak. No walkbacks, error messages, just a lock.

Looks like there's something in the new changesets which is conflicting
with Squeak Amp.

Has anyone else come across this? Any ideas? Can anyone think of any
diagnostic checks I might run?

Cheers

John
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211