UnCool Squeak Icons on OS-X...

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 20:02:34 UTC 2001

Thanks all

I now have the Stuffit/Unstuffit tool for Linux, so I can open these
strange sit archives. Of course, on doing this I discover that Macs
produce their icons in an equally strange format which nothing can open
:-0. Whether all of this will result in a Mac take over of the world or
a Mac exclusion from it remains to be seen.

I don't have any particular feelings on what icons should come with the
Squeak downloads: I've always tended to make my own, usually by
modifying an image from the website in question. But maybe folk could
put up their favourites on Minnow (in browser useable format)?

In the meantime, here's my adoption of the Squeakland mouse_with_wheels
(IIRC, all I did was to make the background transparent, increase the
contrast, and extend the tail a mite). Only time will tell if it solves
my problem of forever calling Gimp when I mean to call Squeak (Gimp's
icon is Wilbur, who rather resembles a friendly rat with an upturned
snout, although he's a dog) and vice versa. Should work OK on Kde and
Gnome and (maybe after converting to another file type) on Windows, but
will probably be too small for Mac folk.

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211