First reference of Smalltalk in usenet

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sat Dec 15 21:50:02 UTC 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> A second Mac, dating from the bronze age, and being able to handle
> DOS-disks would solve the problem, if you hooked them up via AppleTalk
> over a serial connection. Got some geeky kids for this project? :-)

Well, that's not neccesary.  Macs retained their ability to read such
floppies.  I emailed Jecel and volunteered to make .sits for him and
return the disks- I have a PPC 6100 that can read those 400/800K disks
*and* has a cable modem connection. :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the question is no longer between violence and non-violence; It is
between non-violence and non-existence."  :: martin luther king junior