UnCool Squeak Icons on OS-X...

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Dec 18 10:40:41 UTC 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> "Jochen F. Rick" wrote:
> >
> > I'd go with Tim's Logo to stay consistent, though a Squeakland wheelmouse
> > would be excellent for the plug-in VM.
>
> Definitely; IIRC the original problem seemed to be mostly one of the
> lines appearing too thin when the image was reduced. If this is in fact
> the case, the person with the problem might like to contact me and I can
> generate one with suitable line thicknesses.

I bet you can get good results with a bit of GIMP trickery ... See
attached a 16x16 version. I don't think you would need to get any smaller,
if so, some manual "pixeling" would be required.

Anyway, I'd like to see a common theme using Tim's logo:

1. The Object Engine (VM, plugins): Maybe a little computer?
2. The Objects (image, projects): Data for that computer?
3. Squeak Source Code (sources, changes, changesets): A sheet of paper?

There are some difficulties in categorizing here ... like, changes and
images always come in pairs. The source file is read-only, changes are
append-only, changesets ... write once, then read only?

Now I'm not artist enough to put this into a common theme, but maybe
someone has an idea. John's icons are a good start, IMHO.

-- Bert