Source Forge Changes for 3.2.1

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Dec 19 09:19:51 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
[SNIP]
> I guess one thing that would potentially simplify things a little would
> be if SF can create a zip file of the latest release bits. Then one
> would not need to sort out CVS.
>
> tim

I guess this is my cue. :-)

As I actually promised at OOPSLA I will take a look at sqcvs again today
and see if I can whip it in shape
for updating a filetree from SF. I have done it before - I just need to
change it over from Flow to
the Stream class in Comanche. And add some file stuff.

Anyway - that would give you pure Squeak code for doing a
checkout/update from SF - no "tricky"
setup for CVS. Commits are harder since they only allow that by using
SSH - haven't looked at that...

regards, Göran

<CSOTD>
"A small snippet that plays a tune when something has changed at the
Squeak Swiki!
It simply polls the recent changes page every 30 seconds in a separate
Process.
Do note though that a too small Delay might overload the poor Swiki. Set
it reasonably high..."
| oldContent newContent |
oldContent _ nil.
[[Smalltalk at: #Stop ifAbsent:[true]] whileTrue: [
	newContent _ 'http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/recent' asUrl
retrieveContents contents.
	(oldContent ~= newContent) ifTrue:[
		(FMSound majorChordOn: FMSound flute1 from: #c4) play.
		oldContent _ newContent
	].
	(Delay forSeconds:  30) wait.
]] forkAt: Processor userBackgroundPriority
</CSOTD>