TextMorph code - help!

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 04:10:51 UTC 2001

> Gary McGovern wrote:
>
> Hello,
> When I code a TextMorph to openInWorld with ComicBold 24, it is always
> wrapped. What message is used so that it displays in a straight line.
> I can't find that message.

Hi Garry: this may differ from version to version, but on 3.2 I did:

s_ TextMorph new openInWorld
s isAutoFit
s contents: 'hello morphic world!'

(I couldn't work out how to get ComicBold from the Workspace (how do you
do that?), so I put up a text morph, made it Verdana 70(!) and ran the
rest of the code. It works!

PS. where you put isAutoFit seems to be important.

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211