JPEG issues

Juan Manuel Vuletich jmvuletich at sinectis.com.ar
Fri Dec 21 16:37:05 UTC 2001

Hi Tim,

Please get the latest update of the plugin, at:
It fixes bugs, includes all the needed support code and adds good
dithering. Don't loose your time with the previous version.

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Slightly off the side of this issue, I'm just trying to make sure that
> VMMaker works with the current 3.2 image. It seems that your jpeg plugin
> needs a little help integrating with VMMaker, at least in the 4599
> image:-
> a) does the plugin actually need _platform_ specific external code? It
> looks to me like you've got everything in the plugin, but I haven't
> spent a lot of time searching; after all, that's what email is for... If
> so, where are the various versions right now - I'll need to add them to
> the platforms tree. And if it needs portable external files, I need to
> know that too.

There are still no special files for different platforms. The plugin was
compiled on Mac (by John McIntosh), on Win (by Andreas and by me) and on
OS/2 (by me). If you try on Acorn or any other platform, and something
platform specific seems to be needed, let's work on it.

> b) You have a single small header file method in JPEGReadWroter2Plugin
> class>headerFile - is that the only header needed?

The latest version of the plugin has four class methods with C code. And
the class comment lists all the (unmodified) needed files from LibJPEG
6b. Please look at those.

Anyway, I think that any adjustment needed for VMMaker is a welcome
enhancement, and I'll help in any way I can.

> tim
>
> --
> Strange OpCodes: IAM: Increase Amperage Above Maximum

Regards,
--

                   Juan Manuel Vuletich
                jmvuletich at sinectis.com.ar