An Idea: A bit more support

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Dec 22 10:47:10 UTC 2001

Hi Tansel

for me the main point was that having a cd where we have a complete Squeak
distribution is needed. People should be able to pay a small amount of meny
and receive it ready to use: with image sources at the right place....

After if you can make money with it, it would be perfect then later if a
Foundation exists it could be its role to promote squeak with such a media.

I saw simply that if my wife would have to download squeak find the right
version find the sources....she would never use it in her classroom.

Then if somebody would collect the goodies and put energy to have all the vm
and latest (stable) official distribution this is normal that he get some
money for that. The fact that we could pay for a distribution would also
bring a bit of money in the community even if this is via you for the
moment.
I think that if we want to make Squeak stabler, more modular, been able to
introduce enh and bug fixes, we need a way to collect simple money from the
institutions that exists. For me I don't see a problem to pay a couple of
distribution form our university just to have a clean cd.

Stef