Source Forge Changes for 3.2.1

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 24 04:54:29 UTC 2001

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> is widely believed to have written:

>  FileCopyPlugin needs an additional
> library (and I havn't yet looked a t building that on OS X).
yup, it needs a platform specific file to do the actual
copy-with-all-status-intact stuff. Of course, we ought to be able to do
this in squeak anyway.

> > Oh, and you _have_ to have the LargeFile-jmm.cs installed. This is
> > potentially a problem in our vm maintenance process I suppose; how can
> > we make sure that things are kept in step? Maybe this would be helped by
> > SqCVS in some manner since we could make sure to fetch vm related
> > changesets along with the C code?
> >
> Don't know if you really need them... I think they will be in the update
> stream soon.
It's required by the sqVirtualMAchine.c file in the tree, so I hope it
gets in the image soon.

> The real problem is that you need to customize the project (add some files,
> remove some files) if you don't build the exact same modules as John. This
> is annoying. I'd like to just type "make" or push some button. But there
> seems to be no possiblility to use a script to build the "Makefile" used
> by the Projectbuilder. That's bad.
It's certainly annoying. However, as long as there is some way to get
the tools to accept some file that is plain(ish) text, there is hope.
Acorn & unix can use fairly plain makefile texts, codeworrier can accpet
xml, I think vileC++ can accept something similar... must be doable
somehow. May OSProcess is a better bet thouh, drive the compiler
directly?

tim
The steady state of disks is full.  - Ken Thompson