Query: moving stuff between projects to hide from publication

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Dec 24 07:22:30 UTC 2001

Unfortunately, neither of the methods described below for hiding data
seem to work.

When I create (or use) a flap, I can drag some test morphs into it.
However, SystemWindows (which I think all my stuff is) will not stick
in the flap but just drop behind it.  I have tried fiddling with their
drag and drop setting and manipulating them in various ways, but
always with the same non-stick result.

They also won't drop into ProjectView's (at least, the one I go by
(ProjectViewMorph on: (Project named: 'Almost Top')) openInWorld).
When I try to put regular morphs in those views, I get a nice message
that they are accepted, but then they seem to bounce back to the
previous location in the original project.  However, the vanilla
morphs did also appear in the other project when I visited them.

I'm currently at 3.2alpha #4441; I'm going to be reviewing more recent
updates for inclusion.  Perhaps they'll have a fix.  Then again,
perhaps I just don't know how to make it work!

If anyone could explain to me what's going on, or how to hide my data,
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.