[Bug] error on file in 4483makeThumbNailTweak2-di

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Dec 27 06:47:46 UTC 2001

[I tried to post this a couple of days ago, but it looks as if it
didn't go.]

I am unable to take in the changes from the servers because at
4483makeThumbnailTweak2-di I get an error in the poststscript,
specifically, doing Flaps replaceWidgetsFlap.  This leads to
Player56(Model)>>veryDeepFixupWith:, which finds that
originalDependents is nil and throws an exception.

My original message had a lovely list of suspects; here is my
attempted recreation.  There must be something peculiar to my
environment that is doing this, since it's an old update and there
were no other complaints I noticed.

1. My daughter dragged something weird onto the widgets flap, or did
something weird to it (she loves the bouncing atoms).  However,
nothing looks unusual there.

2. Something about taking this in with a bunch of earlier updates (I
started at 4441) causes trouble.

3. My VM, really 3.0 on Debian GNU/Linux (though I'm at 3.2 alpha with
the image) is the culprit.

4. The flap I created (which is not a part bin or anything special) is
really the source of the problem.

5. Some local change I've made (tweaks to the publishing process come
to mind, though they were fixes) interacts badly with the update.

This assumes the debugger info is accurate, and on some attempts (this
failure is repeatable) all my instance variables have been nil.  So
maybe the info is not accurate.