Source Forge Changes for 3.2.1

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Dec 27 07:36:27 UTC 2001

>I just tried to make a Mac VM from the tree from SF and a latest 3.1
>+VMMaker image. It does have the 64bit access doohickeys and the image
>was used to make a working linux VM yesterday.
>
>I used the vm/SqueakPro5.xml as a project to import into codeworrier. I
>had to edit the access path/user paths/project to make it {Project}:src
>in order to get the compiler to llok at the files in src/vm/... instead
>of platforms/vm/... etc. Breathtakingly dumb thing for codeworrier to
>do, but it seems to be really good at that sort of thing.
>
>I got 307 red-hand errors.
>Couldn't find project file "InternetConfigPlugin.c"
>Identifier 'mkdir(const char*,...) redeclared
>  was declared as : int (const char*, int)
>  now declared as: int (const char*,...)
>  sqMacDirectory.c line 23
>Couldn't find project file "sqMacInternetConfiguration.c"
>and 300 plus complaints about the sqMAcOpenGLInfo.c file not being able
>to open GL/gl.h
>
>Suggestions for how to get past this list of problems welcomed. I
>probably did something wrong by changing the {Project} thingy, but it
>appeared to be the only way forward!

a) You want to run OS-X right not that OS-9 and Code Warrior? Don't
you have to pay for that tool eh?

b) You need the Open/GL SDK See
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/opengl/SDK/ and get the
OpenGL_SDK_1.2_Core.img.bin file first. That's only 2.8MB and I think
that is all you need, since the full SDK is 40+MB. But if you use the
Core SDK then you'll need to update your path information because the
silly volume name is different.

c) Be a nice fellow and update the readme in the mac vm folder to
talk about the Open/GL image you need

d) mkdir(const char*,...) mmm seems this is one of those CW versus
BSD issues, so change it to int (const char*, int), I'll consider and
#ifdef

e) you need to build it with the internetconfigplugin, there is a
change set on the list for that plugin if it's not in your image.
Also a change set exists for the UUID plugin that you might need. If
of course you don't build with those internal plugins then you need
to chop them out of the CW project.

PS Squeak 3.2.1Beta5 Mach-o Carbon is pending on my desktop. I've
made changes to support plugins, er bundles, under OS-X. So maybe
tomorrow I'll distribute to those that have expressed interest. We
are also cleaning up the JPEG stuff and I hope to make a new version
of that available soon.