Building Linux VM with VMMaker from sourceforge CVS

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Dec 27 14:56:02 UTC 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 08:21:17AM -0500, Stephen Pair wrote:
> I'm trying to get a VM build environment going on a Linux machine from
> the CVS platforms tree and VMMaker.  It looks like the configure and
> make scripts are not quite happy with this new directory structure.  I
> try to run platforms/unix/misc/configure, but it's not happy.  Am I
> missing something, or are things not quite there yet?

You're not missing anything. The good news it that it will build fine,
except for the MPEG plugin; just ignore the warnings. You should consider
the CVS repository to be an unauthorised hacker's copy of the master
source, which belongs to Ian. Personally, I prefer to use the unauthorized
hack, but don't be surprised if there are some problems with it.

A volunteer to discombobulate the Makefile.in for the CVS tree would
no doubt be gratefully accepted.

Tim, did I get that about right?

Dave