[CVS]Anyobdy know how to mirror a cvs repository?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 27 18:42:10 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is widely believed to have written:

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > For various reasons not too important here, I'd like to be able to keep
> > a repository on my linux macinhe that is a mirror of the
> > cvs.squeak.sourceforge.net repository.
>
> Playing with sqcvs, eh? ;-)
Actually, no; my Acorn has a very nice cvs application that has a single
major bug - no ssh capability. Thus I can do cvs stuff for Acorn code
to/from my linux box but not directly to SF. So, it seems to me that I
need to be able to do some logical equivalent of checking out from SF to
my linux box, checking _that_ into the cvs server on my linux box and
then checkout to Acorn. To go the other way, I would imagine commiting
stuff from Acorn to cvs-on-my-box then... er, what? checkout on linux,
and commit to SF from there?

Is 'mirroring' in cvs parlance what I really need here? Or is there some
other way to handle this? A quck read of the
http://www.openssl.org/source/repos.html page suggests a rather one-way
approach, which isn't really what I was hoping to achieve.

tim

Strange OpCodes: DSO: Do Something or Other