Building Linux VM with VMMaker from sourceforge CVS

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 28 18:45:23 UTC 2001

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:

> There is no obvious way to hack around this, since there don't appear
> to be definitions for these functions anywhere in the source tree.  On
> the off-chance that the source exists in some plugin, I generated the
> source for all of the plugins; still no luck.  Is this a problem with
> my linux config?  I Googled 'signed64BitValueOf' to no avail, which
> leads me to believe that my Squeak is missing something.  Could it be
> that I have to file in some of John M's recent VM changesets?
Yup, you need the largefiles changes that define the 64bit routines and
would fix the off_t error for you. I forgot to call out that particular
problem, sorry!

I'd like to hope that we can avoid this kind of problem when the module
system is in use by keeping the VM related modules alongside the vm C
code; wherever we eventually decide to keep that.

> make: *** No rule to make target `../src/src/Makefile.in', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
This is very strange - there is no way it should be looking for anything
in ../src/src, so clearly there is some wrinkle in the makefile stuff
that can go a little daft. Please, _somebody_ out there is surely
knowledgable about this stuff; please help clean it up!

tim