SpellChecking

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Dec 28 19:31:51 UTC 2001

I implemented the soundex algorithm and generated soundex codes of an
English wordlist in Squeak toward the end of adding a SpellChecker service
into Squeak, and ultimately, for the IRC client. ;)

The Soundex algorithm is a simple algorithm for matching closely sounding
words, used in a lot of spell checkers.  A few other algorithms would need
to be added to get a decent spell checker, but I imagine it would only
take a few solid hours of work to get something working.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson