[ENH] CelesteAddressBook

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Fri Dec 28 21:59:45 UTC 2001

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> Giorgi,
>
> I tried to file this in and failed. My first two problems -
[...]
Yes, I know and I will fix it in the next release (I hope to post it in
the next week).

> Looks very nice, and it could be quite useful to have an address list
> that's automatically compiled. It would be VERY cool if it could
> recognize variants on the same contact .

I am working on it but it is not so easy...I should use perl for a
simpler code ;P

> Also, I don't know about you, but I have many, many addresses, many of
> people that simply got the same spam as me (%#$!@!!!). Some means for
> filtering or prioritizing them would be great. People I have mailed or

At the meantime, the addressbook collect a "frequency" field for
prioritizing based on
how often the email has been hit.
I do not use it for the meantime.
If you have some idea, please send them to me,

> This looks like the start of something pretty cool...
Thank you.
Excuse me for the ugly error on the preamble....

And last but not least, how can I add this small code to the 'standard'
squeak image?
Must I only post it to the list using the  '[ENH]' tag?
Or must I send a request do Dan Ingalls?
Thank you.