VMMaker thoughts

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 31 18:37:07 UTC 2001

I've finally started playing with VMMaker, and have a few thoughts that
might make it smoother, at least on Unix.

First, it doesn't really need to copy files around, does it?  It's no
trouble to write the makefile, at least on Unix, to compile files
directly from the two different locations.

Second, how about creating a file each listing the internal and external
plugins that are to be used?  This would be handy for generating the
makefile, especially if files aren't copied around any longer.

Finally, let's have some space in CVS for files that are shared among
multiple platforms.  In particular, libmpeg should be shared; it seems
silly to copy all of libmpeg to each platform's MPEGPlugin subdirectory.
 Actually, from my quick glance, I don't see libmpeg in there at all.
If it's not there, let's put it there!

-Lex