Losing my latin

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 31 18:48:48 UTC 2001

> Context:
> I cannot find where a comment is stored in a returnNode or its child like
> the comment at the end of this method.

Stephen, I've pretty much decided that Squeak's parse nodes are best
left for *compiling*, not for analysis.  I had a rough time just
decoding what variable a variable referred to, for example.  This would
appear to be another example of the problem.

I'd recommend my "Lucid" parser, but actually, I think it completely
discards comments, so no luck.  :|  There are other Smalltalk parsers
floating around, however.

It would be nice if Squeak had an analysis-friendly parser in it.  But
Smalltalk is such a simple language, everyone seems to just cobble
together a parser for their own needs.

-Lex