Plugin Installers

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Feb 25 21:33:01 UTC 2001

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> writes:
Michael> Hi all,
Michael> I built a couple of web pages that should make it easier to install the
Michael> Squeak Plugin for Mac and Win.
Michael> http://www.squeaklet.com/NPSqueak/download.htm

Michael> You need Javascript enabled for most of the functionality (auto detect
Michael> etc.). You do need to restart the browser after the installation (part
Michael> of the test though).
Michael> Look here
Michael> http://www.squeaklet.com/NPSqueak/plugin/supported.html
Michael> for current state of testing and support.

Randal> Doesn't work for iCab Pre2.4 on the Mac.  I get

Randal>   Your browser either does not support Javascript or it is disabled.
Randal>   To manually check if you have the Squeak Plugin installed go here.

Randal> And when I click on the "here" (aside: please fix this... it's really
Randal> bad style to use "click here" or "go here"), I get a loading applet,
Randal> but a DNU-ish error:

Randal>         Undefined object "nothing more expected -><

Randal> I have what I thought was the 3.0 final VM and plugin image installed.

And the "javascript YES/NO" images (I think that's what they are,
since I can't see them) don't come up either.

Also fails miserably on Netscape 6.0.

The iCab failure may be due to having the 3.0 plugin with the old 2.8
image... and I'd be happy to install them manually, but I couldn't
find the actual download paths behind all that broken Javascript from
the URL above.  Please provide ordinary links as well, so the spiders
can find the page, and so that people who routinely disable Javascript
(more and more these days) can also get to the download.