"Protect me from what i want" - Jenny Holzer

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Feb 24 02:34:28 UTC 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:49:29 -0800 (PST) Dan Shafer <dshafer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>But the most important thing you can learn is not to worry about asking
>questions on this list just because you think everyone will already know the
>answers. This group on this ML is the most helpful and open I've seen in a
>great many years and I have been in this business a _very_ long time. Just this
>week I learned about a problem I caused myself simply by having my Caps Lock
>key down when I tried to do something. I felt silly after I found the answer,
>but lots of people have since said, "Hey, I have that problem, too, all the
>time." So it is now being fixed.

To Alek and others still looking for ansers, the advice above is useful. It seems at times as if there is some secret competition to see who can answer questions the fastest. If you can ask a question that gives the right amount of context, you'll be surprised at the answers you can get. Folks here really like Squeak and want you to like it too.

Cheers,
Bob