Sqeak and Python (was Re: Order! Order in the ...)

C. Keith Ray ckeithray at home.com
Wed Feb 7 16:25:24 UTC 2001

 "Chris Wright" <caw at cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> [Various opinions on the wisdom of upgrade numerology]
>
> As a complete newbie (who's trying to port a python app to Squeak), I must
[...]
> and hoping that I'll wake up and it's all a dream and Guido will you ever
> forgive me and I love whitespace and look version 2.1 has lexical nesting
> and real closures and about 3 (count'em 3) really stable graphics models and
> I just thought it would be nice to use a language that I didn't have to
> special case things that weren't objects but were types but now I'm not sure
> when I'll ever see the sun again but it will all be OK soon won't it....

Speaking of Python and Squeak... I'd like to compare Pythons byte-codes (and
their meanings) with Squeak's byte-codes...

Is Squeak still following the original Smalltalk-80 byte-code definitions?
If so, then I can look up that information in the book(s) that I've got.

Would you know where I could read some explanation of Python's byte-codes
(other than looking at Python's C source-code) ?