Missing routines for 3.0 Unix VM: what's the status?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 7 23:56:51 UTC 2001

Stefan Matthias Aust <sma at 3plus4.de> wrote:
	Earlier this evening I (hopefully successfully) build a Solaris version
                                                                ^^^^^^^
	which should probably compile on other unix platforms, too.

	My list of undefined symbols was much smaller (don't ask me why) and I
	added the missing functions as stub methods so that their primitives will
	fail.  That means, no sound volume control, no drag and drop and no event

I don't quite understand this.  I have a Solaris box (it was a SPARCStation 5,
but the CPU is now an Ultra 1).  This machine supports sound.  For some
reason, Squeak 2.7 and 2.8 on Solaris is _not_ support sound.

Will sound work in Squeak 3.0 on a SPARC/Solaris 2.8 box?