Plugin Installers

Duane T Williams duane at cmu.edu
Sun Feb 25 20:45:04 UTC 2001

>>The sad part is that the plugin does not work. I don't know why yet.
>>One issue is that all mouse events also sends mousedown, ie the world
>>menu comes up when
>>I move the mouse around.
>>The other issue is loading stuff like .sts and .pr files. This gives
>>walkbacks.
>>
>>Karl
>>

>Karl could you check to see if you have a 2.8 version of the plugin
>lurking in your plugin folder?
>
>I'm quite puzzled by the behavior since looking at the VM code
>doesn't tell me why this appears to happen. Of course I have normal
>behavior on my machine.

I have version 3.0alpha7MT of the plugin that I got when I downloaded the
latest release of Squeak.  I experienced the same behavior reported by
Karl.  I did not use the Plugin Installer because I did not want to
download again the plugin that I already had.  So I just installed the
plugin manually, which was simple enough to do.  The plugin test more or
less works, except that moving the mouse also has the effect of clicking
the mouse, in most instances, although not all.  If you are *very* careful
you can move the mouse in a browser without causing it to select the item
you move over, but I can't do it reliably.

I am running on a Power Mac 7300/200 with MacOS 8.1.  I have Netscape
Communicator running in a 20MB partition.  I have 96MB total real memory.

-Duane