Automatic 'Again' in MessageLists

Ted K. Ted.Kaehler at disney.com
Wed Feb 14 21:36:43 UTC 2001

Folks,
	I have been trying to remove this "feature" and can't figure out
how to do it:

	You are in a 'Senders of xxx' window, and you change xxx to yyy.
Then you choose 'Again' (Command-j) to get the next one in the method.
Then, you click on another sender of xxx in the list.  When that method is
displayed, xxx is automatically replaced by yyy!
	This can be quite destructive.  I must admit that I was the person
who requested this feature in the first place, long ago.  But, it is
usually not what a user wants.
	Where is this automatic replacement invoked?  How can we stop it?
	Hint:  In the method #againOnce:, if ChangeText ~~ FindText, then a
substitution is made.  A normal search sets ChangeText and FindText to be
identical.  Somehow changing list selections, and highlighting the selector
xxx is not setting them to be identical.
	We'd still like Command-j to do substitution in the new method, but
we do not want a search to do the substitution.

	Please send a fix!

--Ted.

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3261 Montecito Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89120.  voice (702) 456-7930
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/