Squeak ML [was: "Protect me from what i want" - Jenny Holzer]

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Feb 24 16:38:20 UTC 2001

Alek,

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:23:32 +0200 "Alek Markarian" <alek at acvilon.com> wrote:
>1.1For some time i'm subscribed on both MLs - and that
>what i can say is that "squeak - annc" seems to me not
>functioning "in practice" (not physicaly of course) i see
>many announcements which go only through "squeak" only
>Squeak 2.8(?) , 2.9 and 3.0 in this number in fact for months
>i receved just 3 mails from "squeak-annc" :one for new Wisker
>release ,one for Squeak CD , and one "subscribe me" for which
>i have no idea how went to list if sender was not subscribed in the
>moment of sending (it was just few days ago) .

I've never posted to "squeak-annc" and I suspect that most people don't. While some people like the idea of subdivided mailing lists, many of us find one just about the right number, despite sometimes getting stuff that really isn't interesting personally.

>1.2 Yes you are right that list is very helpfull and if i unsubscribe
>some day i'll miss advice and peoples on it - but i use a modem
>conection and i must call few times every day for avoiding problems
>with my mail box size and other connection problems. In fact this
>list contain a really important information and i would like if i
>have archives even if i lost my internet connection for some time
>but i didn't find any .zip which to download and just current index
>is more than 1MB html file .

There are a variety of archives. The one I usually go to if I want to double-check things is