New 3.0 gamma image available for test

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 15 23:32:00 UTC 2001

I think someone has already mentioned that it is a bit odd for a basic
welcome window to start by talking about the interpreter design; I'd
agree with that quite strongly.
I don't know enough morphic to do this, but surely one very valuable
thing to do would be (at the very top of the welcome window) a quick
exposition of what the window buttons are (with morph illustraions), how
the default scollbar works, how to get menus and choose from them. The
nice thing is that we can have active illustrations! After that, some
brief explanations of morph halos (at least enough to explain that
aren't dangerous and how to get rid of them if you accidently get one)
would help.

And if anyone can make time, the squeak doc swiki that the Getting
Started window points to _really_ needs some update; it currently talks
about 2.4.......

And no, I don't have time to do it all myself since I'm trying to rework
the exception handling prims, finish the VM maker and redo the New
CompiledMethod convertion ready for 3.1. Oh, and find a new job.

tim

APL is a write-only language.  - Roy Keir