Global command keys?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Feb 1 03:49:49 UTC 2001

I followed the discussion on command keys (for turning on the charRecog),
and would like to add a global hotkey to close windows (like Cmd-W on Mac
OS or Ctrl-F4/Alt-F4/Ctrl-W/Ctrl-X/Ctrl-E/probably more on Windows).  I
see that the command key stuff is attached to ParagraphEditor, which makes
it very non-global.

How can I go about adding this?  Is there any reason that it's not been
done already?

Aaron

Aaron Reichow                   :: "In essence, Smalltalk is a programming
Twin Ports ACM Vice President   ::  language focused on human beings rather
http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/ ::  than the computer." - Alan Knight