Final call for 2.9 updates

Stephen T. Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 1 02:14:37 UTC 2001

Here's my collection of 2.8 updates (sent out in August and November, 2000).

The README is below.

Recent STP updates -- 2000.08.24 (remote from Berlin)

Browser-recent.st

Make the size of the recent menu in the browser a variable. I use long ones.

BrowserSel.cs

Make the browser remember the mode selection (def/hier/comment) between
class selections. There is also partially-working code (commented out)
to remember the message category selection.

ChangeList-recent.cs

Make a short cut for the change list view to remove doits, clear old
versions, and select current methods.

Class-makePublic.st

This is a safer version of the accessor creation method used by the
"publish" goodie

Collection-ifEmpty.st

Short cut for control structures.

Collection-isEmpty.st

Made it more conservative.

DateAndTime.st

DateAndTime as merged class (subclass of Date with seconds) (easier for
use, e.g., in databases)

FileList-recent.cs

Make the size of the recent directory list a variable size.

FileStr-creation.st

A couple of new file stream creation methods. Adds global FileSep with
the path name delimiter

FindSelAssign.cs

Makes 2 changes to ParEd: Cmd-G inserts " := "  and Cmd-H searches for
the selection.

Float class-twopi.st

Accessor for the class variable two * pi

Float-printPlaces.st

Limited-width floating point number printing

FormattedStr.cs

C-style string formatting. Takes this:

	Transcript cr; show: ''Analyze '', sound name,
		'' D: '', (duration printPlaces: 3),
		'' R: '', sound rate printString,
		'' F: '', framesize printString,
		'' P: '', npoles printString; cr.

	and reduces it to this:

	{sound name. duration. sound rate. framesize. npoles}
		showFmt: ''	Analyze %s D: %f R: %d F: %d P: %d''.

	Or this
		Transcript show: ''TSR: '', tsr printString,
						'' e: '', e truncated printString; cr.

	reduces to:

		{tsr . ext} showFmt: ''TSR: %s e: %d"

	Try this:
		{ 6.3326122 . 1024 } showFmt: ''Took %5.2f sec, sz: %d.''

Interval-extent.st

Get the extent of an interval.

LauncherOption.cs

Add the LauncherView to the system open menu.

MessageTally-toFileNamed.st

Convenience method for tallying to a file

OrderedColl-size.st

Added a nil check.

Point-polar.st

Answer a point that represents the receiver as r at theta

RealEstate.cs

Extent-from-user for new windows; assumes Mark's layouts. Do
[Preferences enable: #userPlacement]

SeqColl-first.st

Added check for emptitude.

String-conversions.cs

A number of new string coersions for file I/O, e.g., asLocalFilename,
asFileStream and sansLastPeriodSuffix.

WinSizes.cs

Make the default window sizes a bit larger and dependent on the screen size.

--

stp
  Stephen Travis Pope