How to make a GeeMailMorph live in a SystemWindow?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Feb 7 18:55:08 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 07 February 2001 10:42, Bob Arning wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:29:31 -0800 Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> >What am I missing? This blows up (on 2.9):
> >| geeMail window |
> >
> >geeMail _ (GeeMailMorph new) cornerStyle:  #square.
> >window _ (SystemWindowWithButton labelled: 'Test').
> >window addMorph: geeMail frame: (0 at 0 corner: 1 at 1).
> >window openInWorld
>
> Ned,
>
> I just tried it in 2.9 and 3.1 without anyting blowing up. Was there some
> further step to cause failure? What was the failure?

The failure was a completely hung image (i.e. no alt-. action, etc.).

Well, I have the following preferences set:

	inboard scrollbars
	scrollbars on right
	hidden scrollbars

Try these preferences. It looks like the key is "hidden scrollbars".

I've also noticed that, with these settings, if I make a GeeMailMorph using
the New Morph menu choice, and then try to resize it larger with the halo
handle, I get exceptions.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA