optional panes out-of-the-box, and other preferences

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 6 13:53:30 UTC 2001

Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:

> >Personally I'd opt *for* the optional buttons but *against* the annotation
> >panes. [...]
>
> I tend to agree with Andreas, less is more.  I'm not even all that
> excited about the buttons.

I've been using them for testing layout features, and will turn them
off otherwise because I find they eat more screen than they're worth.
But I do think they're valuable for new users to get an idea of what
system navigation features are available from a browser.  Goodness
knows I was lost when I first started.

-Jesse