[ENH] DocuStyle for creating Newbie Tutorials (should be in 3.0)

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Wed Feb 14 08:31:09 UTC 2001

This changeset extends the colors and active text style used while pressing
CMD-6
on a selected text. Some of the colors are standard colors for displaying
source code (for example dark green as comment color). This changeset also
allows you to create an active text that is inspectable. So beside the
"DoIt"
command there is now also an "Inspect it". One can now write tutorial
workspaces
looking like this:

   An unary message is a message sent to an object.
    1 negated	"click to inspect the result"

He can select the code, click CMD-6 and select "Inspect it". If a "Newbie"
clicks
on the code gets evaluated and the result is displayed in an inspector.

This helps documenting the system and creating tutorials using bookmorphs
and super swiki projects. See the project "Display.003.pr" on Bobs Super
Swiki for an example. Would be nice if we are able to create small tutorials

for Squeak users. (http://209.143.91.36/super.150)

Maybe someone finds the time to review the code and I hope this gets
included into 3.0 and 3.1alpha.

BTW: What about the idea of a beginners workspace like in VisualWorks
(see Ivan Tomeks beginners workspace at:
http://smalltalk.wellthot.net/smalltalk/7)

Cheers,
Torsten
 <<DocuStyle.6.cs>>