[BUG] Unresponsive image without flaps (Was: Re: [Win32] VM update)

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Mon Feb 19 06:44:55 UTC 2001

"Raab, Andreas" wrote:
> As promised I've put out an updated VM that should fix all the reported
> problems so far (including the issue of wrong mouse positions and some
> DirectSound weirdnesses). I consider this VM to be pretty final for 3.0 so
> I've tagged it appropriately (it's considered release build 1). As usual,
> all of it can be found at

I encountered a weird problem when trying to prepare a version of the
image without flaps. I used the final 3.0 image and the above version of
the VM. Launch the image, turn of global flaps and don't keep them for
later use. Save the image (under a new name). When you launch the image
again, it takes a long time to respond again.
If you delete all windows and the Squeak logo leaving an empty Squeak
desktop with only the project navigator, save the image and launch
again, the image seems to be dead. You can't even use the Windows close
box.

Important: to get the image to freeze, you need to first remove the
windows!
I went to through both variants (first remove flaps or first remove
windows with or without intermediate saves) several times and unless jet
lag hit me really bad, it seems to be reproducable.

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill