Missing routines for 3.0 Unix VM: what's the status?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 7 23:03:16 UTC 2001

Stefan Matthias Aust <sma at 3plus4.de> is widely believed to have written:

> >Is it time to rev up the Sourceforge project again?
>
> It would be great - to start with something easy - if the sources at source
> forge would be up to date.  I lost an hour or so trying to work with them
> until I eventually got the better ones.  Ian's new sources are much easier
> to use and well documented.  Thanks, Ian.

I have an almost finished toolset that will allow a sensible code tree
that incorporates _all_ platforms and that can build vms with any
appropriate combination of internal/external/not-supported plugins,
optimisations, inlining, security, lemon/cherry/new-car smell, whatever.
The unix makefile stuff finally got done a little while ago, but since
I don't have a mac IDE nor a windows machine, I'll have to ask for
volunteers to work on the makefiles for them (and indeed those other
platforms much beloved by many).

I'm pretty sure the proposed tree would work very nicely for
Sourceforge.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- VISA LA FRANCE - Don't leave chateau without it