various prices for Mark's book

Bernd Kulawik kulawik at sim.spk-berlin.de
Tue Feb 13 10:38:44 UTC 2001

Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:

> Amazon has a history of bad practices. Some months ago
> a user discovered that amazon was doing dynamic
> pricing, i.e. charging different prices to different
> users based on scores provided by statistical models.

A few weeks ago, amazon.com offered a new book about architectural
drawings for 75 $ instead of 95 $ (original price), but their german
branch, amazon.de, "was not able" to sell me the book for the lower
price ... because I needed it very urgently, I bought it here, hoping it
would not take 2-3 weeks to arrive. Alas, it did!
So this was _my_ last experience with amazon, thei'll never get any dime
from me again.
And - to get back to the topic: Mark's book is announced here only for
45 $ (= 100,- DM) plus charges for shipping and maybe more. :-(

Bernd Kulawik, Berlin