[Bug] Copying SketchMorphs across Projects

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 27 15:01:07 UTC 2001

I'm finding that if I use shift-select to grab multiple SketchMorphs
then drag them into ProjectMorphs, the "Got It" symbol shows up, then
weird things start happening.
- First time, when I went into the Project target, there were no
SketchMorphs there -- only empty rectangles.  When I clicked on one,
I got the traceback below.  When I went back to the Project source, I
could no longer bring up halos on any of those that I'd copied over.
Everytime I cmd-clicked on them, only the ProjectMorph (target) got
halos.  I quit without saving.
- Second time I tried just to copy a single sketch -- worked fine.
- Then, I tried to copy two sketchMorphs again as a selection.  This
time Squeak totally hung -- cmd-period did no good, and I had to
cmd-shift-esc-stand-on-right-foot to quit the application.

This is 3.0 final with all updates.

Mark

27 February 2001 9:36:45 am
MessageNotUnderstood: morphPreceding:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in SelectionMorph>>refineUndoTarget:selector:arguments:in:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
SelectionMorph>>refineUndoTarget:selector:arguments:in:
Command>>undoTarget:selector:arguments:
SelectionMorph(Morph)>>undoGrabCommand
SelectionMorph(Morph)>>aboutToBeGrabbedBy:
SelectionMorph>>aboutToBeGrabbedBy:
HandMorph>>grabMorph:
PasteUpMorph>>mouseDown:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseDown:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess
Mark Guzdial, guzdial at cc.gatech.edu, 404-894-5618
Georgia Tech, College of Computing, GVU/EduTech
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl