Mac v3.0.2 VM

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Feb 7 00:52:47 UTC 2001

>  >
>>  (h) I rewrote the sqMacDirectory.c logic to enable proper understanding
>>  of Apple's Alias logic. This means for example you can alias the
>>  "SqueakV3.sources" file and then only have one copy and have all your
>>  images point to it.
>
>Is it also possible to have the sources in the same folder as the vm and
>not use aliases?
>
>karl

Yes you can do this.Dan pointed out in any case aliases work in the
past, but in only certain cases, this can only be one in the path.
However if you have an alias file which points to an alias file, or
attempt to navigate an aliased folder in the file list, then this
didn't work until 3.0.2.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6