[ENH][VM][UNIX]generalized async IO

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 26 23:13:29 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is widely believed to have written:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> >
> > While you're tidying up, you  might like to remove the calls to
> > joystickInit(), serialInit() etc in sqXWindow.c - they're not needed at
> > all with plugins since those functions are called by the plugin-local
> > init code.If you leave them in and build a vm with the appropriate
> > plugins external you get problems.
Hmm, I wrote this on the 28th of JANUARY and it's just shown up?
Wierd...

> Exactly. I removed these too, for my Tablet support. Although I did not
> yet test with the tablet module built external ...
Same sort of crime as the security plugin being directly referenced
from the file & sockets plugins...

And...
"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> is widely believed to have written:

> Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hrm, I don't understand.  What functions need different numbers
> of arguments?

Last time I looked the sockets needed two arguments (microseconds and a
spare file descriptor) and sound needed none.

tim
Useful random insult:- Guillotining him would make only an aesthetic difference.