Squeak3.0 final files available

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Feb 19 01:33:02 UTC 2001

[Ironically, in the midst of putting things out, Disney started bouncing messages to several of us, and the Squeak list server expelled us.  If you sent something important to us today, please resend.  Thanks]

Folks -

I have just put out the final Squeak3.0.  It is nearly identical to the gamma4 image, except for some text tweaks in the image.  It also includes a MaorShrink script that will take the image out of the box down to 872k (thanks to Jerry Archibald for working on this).

The files are...
	Squeak3.0final.image.gz
	Squeak3.0final.changes.gz
	ReadMe.txt.gz
	MajorShrinkFor3.0.cs.gz
and
	Squeak3.0final.sea.bin

As usual, the last one is a Stuffit archive for the Mac with the above 4 files plus a Mac3.0alpha6 VM.

These files are on the 3.0 directory at UIUC,
	ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.0/

These releases always take longer than we think, but all sorts of good changes have been wrapped up and tested here, in the image as well as the VM.

Thanks for all your testing.

	- Dan

PS:  One tiny thing to note:  the ReadMe.txt.gz is slightly newer than the one in the Mac archive.  I just couldn't face another big upload for that tiny file.  For anyone setting up Squeak repositories, please take this more recent one.