FFI problem

Joshua Channing Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 21 20:31:04 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to get the X11 FFI examples to work.  I changed all the xlib
library calls to use "module: 'libX11.so'" instead of "module: 'X11'"
(I know that I could recompile the VM to automatically pre/append the
"lib" and ".so")

This fixed the "unable to find function address" walkback.  The problem
now is that nothing shows on the screen!  For example, when I execute
"X11Display coloredRectangles", the pixel fill rate is displayed in the
upper left, but the rectangles are nowhere to be seen.  This behavior
has been observered on both PPC and 686 Linux boxes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joshua