emacs and squeak, again...

Phil Mitchell phil.mitchell at pobox.com
Tue Feb 20 02:09:43 UTC 2001

I have noticed several threads in the archives where people ask about
integrating emacs into Squeak. The standard answer seems to be: why
would you want to do that when the built-in editor is so nice?

As a pre-newbie thinking about starting up in squeak, here's one reason:
I'm looking for a platform where I can develop generic info management
tools. The ability to plug in an editor with the power of emacs and the
extensive package library of emacs is almost a sine qua non... So I'm
wondering... how possible would this be to do? Does it even make sense
to think about doing it?