Suntax (was: [updates] 25 more for 3.1)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Feb 18 15:58:27 UTC 2001

Helge,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:27:16 +0100 Helge Horch <Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de> wrote:
>Q1: How does the contrast HandleMorph (blue swatch) work?  From glancing at
>the code, its x should affect the contrast, no?  However, that doesn't seem
>to have a visual effect yet...  (Also, it seems to turn off the red swatch
>style choice.)

The blue/green swatches have limited effect so far and only in one of the red swatch modes. Put a test block in the scriptor and toggle the red swatch until the test shows up with rounded corners and Yes/No. Then the blue and green swatches will work like so:
- click and release on one of the swatches
- the hand will be holding a yellow resizer.
- move the mouse right or left to adjust the value.
- click when done to get rid of the dot.

>Q2: How would I go about moving (and removing) tile groups in the new
>style?  Grabbing and dragging tiles and tile groups always drags a
>copy.  Hmm.  The northeast arrow that appears when a tile group is selected
>might do that -- but no:  Grabbing that I get a #detect: failure in
>SyntaxMorph>>retract.

I'm not sure - Dan and Ted have been working on that part.

Cheers,
Bob