`just slow it`....

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 9 23:37:47 UTC 2001

Marcel Weiher <marcel at metaobject.com> wrote:
> - The world menu appears after 2-3 seconds, sometimes not at all.

Wow!  I haven't seen anything like this.

> - Hitting close-boxes on windows also has a significant delay

Well, that *is* a big graphics update.  Also, it involves switching to a
new window usually, and several kinds of windows are slow to switch to.
Change Sorters are especially bad.

>   - sometimes takes several times to finally close

Wierd, never seen that.

> - clicking on a browser entry often first shows the new item framed
>    in a black-rectangle for up to around a second before highlighting
>    in the normal way

Are you auto-formatting by any chance??

In short, what you describe is terrible, but it's certainly not
necessary!  I'm using a 366Mhz machine and slow graphics support, and
I'm not seeing anything like it.

-Lex