[BUG] Fetch Documentation blows up

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Feb 2 10:38:32 UTC 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Ned Konz wrote:

> My DocPaneCache is set to 'file://home/ned/Squeak/docPaneCache/',
> which is a directory that exists.

I don't think so - this would be the directory "/ned/Squeak/docPaneCache/"
on host "home" accessed through the "file" protocol (paste that URL into
Netscape, it does implement the URL stuff correctly). What you mean is
'file:/home/ned/Squeak/docPaneCache/', or alternatively
'file:///home/ned/Squeak/docPaneCache/', which both have an empty host
part (though I'd prefer the former).

Please folks, read the RFC about URLs, it actually is quite simple ;-)

ObSqueak: Using File-URLs instead of file names in Squeak would really
simplify x-platform portability - the mapping of URLs to files would
be handled in the VM. What do you think?

-- Bert